Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Books and Chocolates

Finally went to the Strand Bookstore that I've been hearing about so much from classmates and professors. Spent a good two hours there with Jenny and Vince. Though there weren't as many architectural books as I was expecting, it was definitely a great place for discounted books old and new, and so many of them. A book worm's hide out for sure. On the other hand, after I went home and compared prices and availabilities between Strand and Amazon, I have to say the long tail effects of online stores still trumped in the area of niche books, though in one instance Strand trumped the price tag. In any case, I still got pretty carried away by some really low price and ended up buying 6 books.
And what better to follow an afternoon of books than hot chocolate? Conveniently Max Brenner was right across the street. Though I have to admit that the Italian dark chocolate I got was way too thick for me, we had an interesting experience with extreme sweetness and spicy-sour-sweetness with the hot chocolate and chicken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment